Announcing the 10 LANDMARK SUPREME COURT CASES Webinar Series
Building on the success of our last two years of Saturday Webinars – American Controversies and American Presidents – we invite you to join our 10 Landmark Supreme Court Cases webinar series during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Drawing from our list of 50 Core Documents and related sources, TAH.org’s Saturday Webinar series is designed to help teachers develop a deeper understanding of the historical, political, constitutional, and social dimensions of 10 of America’s most important Supreme Court cases. Each month a different panel of scholars – experts in their fields –discuss the topic at hand, with Dr. Chris Burkett of Ashland University as moderator, and a live online audience of teachers.
Document links will be updated throughout the season, at least a month in advance of each episode.
- Marbury v. Madison 27 AUG 16
- McCulloch v. Maryland 10 SEP 16
- Dred Scott v. Sandford 15 OCT 16
- Brown v. Board of Education (with mention of Plessy for context) 19 NOV 16
- Gideon v. Wainwright 10 DEC 16
- Miranda v. Arizona 7 JAN 17
- Tinker v. Des Moines 4 FEB 17
- Roe v. Wade 11 MAR 17
- New Jersey v. T.L.O. 13 May 17